UWSA FACULTY SHORTLISTS_TERRI MEYER BOAKE
UWSA Faculty Shortlists is an online platform for sharing influential readings related to art, architecture, design, and the cultural realm. The outline is simple: 5 books from each faculty member based on a theme of their personal interest, current research, or books they feel are of high importance to an architectural education.
UWSA FACULTY SHORTLIST_003_TERRI MEYER BOAKE
Theme: “These texts underscore the foundations of my teaching. They were highly influential in my understanding of technology AS design, and not as some support course on the side.
1. Benevolo, Leonardo. The Origins of Modern Town Planning. Cambridge, Mass.: M.I.T. Press, 1967.
2. Frampton, Kenneth. Modern Architecture: A Critical History. 3rd ed. London: Thames and Hudson, 1992.
3. Lawlor, Robert. Sacred Geometry: Philosophy and Practice. New York: Crossroad, 1982.
4. Oesterle, Eberhard. Double-skin Facades: Integrated Planning. Munich: Prestel, 2001.
5. Ross, Michael Franklin. Beyond Metabolism: The New Japanese Architecture. New York: Architectural Record Books, 1978.
*Note: All above titles are available through the UW library catalogue. Go check them out!